Monday, April 27, 2009

HST Round 2 Reboot - 10's Day 2 and 3

Did day two of 10's on Saturday afternoon, which went fine. I was especially careful of my lower back and I didn't so much as feel a tinge. I did a less steep incline dumbbell set which left me actually feeling a tad bit sore in my chest, which I haven't had for awhile. Also did a nice set of regular seated pull-ups (versus the set of wide grip and even wider griped pull-ups I usually do) which also left the muscles in my upper back feeling sore. I know you're not necessarily supposed to feel sore after a work-out, but it feels good once in awhile to know you've hit a muscle group differently enough to surprise it. Of course, the soreness could have been more due to the infrequent work-outs due to travel, or the lack of sleep/rest with having to catch up with stuff when I got back. Friday night last week I actually slept 12 hours, which NEVER happens for me. Then Saturday I slept 9 and took a nap on Sunday. Hopefully, I'm all caught up now.

Today was day three of 10's and it went well. I was still feeling a tad sore in the chest and back, so I didn't push them crazy hard, just hard enough. I also think I helped my legs a bit today by doing more warm up squats and lunges in between other lifts before I got to those exercises. I may need to add a note to my work-out plan to do those warm-ups, as they left me ready to lift heavier. I may need to add a chest and back warm-up too... but of course that's just what I need, more time in the gym :P

I wrapped up today with a quick five minutes on the elliptical machine at level 13 and then a record three minutes of jump-roping. I could have kept going on the jump-rope, but I figured I'd leave some room to set a new record for myself next time.

Half way through this round of HST and I have to say it is nice to be finally lifting semi-heavy weights again. I know I shouldn't care, but until I'm finally putting those 45's on the barbell to do squats and bench, I feel kinda silly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you can read from my blog, my weeks of slacking off totally added to my horrible first race of the season. It was a sad affair. Back to refocusing on getting this body ready for the season. God, why can't this be easy.