Wednesday, April 22, 2009

HST Round 2 Reboot - 10's

I managed to finish off the 15's after my reboot right before having to run off for business to Tokyo for a week. I did some light working out in my hotel room there, but it was effectively a week of deconditioning. To be honest, with the jet lag I didn't sleep well at all there, so working out probably would not have gone well anyways.

Anyway, just got back yesterday and hit the gym this morning to start off the first day of 10's. Still feeling the jet lag, but it was good to feel my body work again. Overall I felt strong and all the weights were pretty good except I'm thinking I may need to up my bench press weight as I blew past 10 reps and probably could have kept going to 20.

I'm feeling a tinge in my lower back in the gym that has me a bit worried. I really don't want to hurt it as I know too many people with back injuries from lifting. I've always been really careful because of that. Gotta watch my form.

Off to work now. Super busy there, but having fun and it's REALLY nice to have a job in a city I love. Oh and she finally found a job she loves. She just started, and for now it's a temp position, but I have no doubt that they'll hire her full time and if she wants to, she'll move up quickly in the company. Yay!

1 comment:

Hugh G. McHuge said...

Travel! Travel is what kills me. Last week it was Tokyo, where I had no gym. This week it is Vancouver, where there may be a gym, but not sure, and probably not a big enough one to do a full lifting workout. So I worked especially hard today knowing I won't make it back in for at least three days :(

Next week is Paris, which is going to be four days off. I may be able to wrap up 10's by then, so it will be a week of "strategic deconditioning" between 10's and 5's.