Sunday, June 21, 2009

Round 2 Reboot - 5's Day 6

Last day of HST went relatively well. A couple of personal bests (actually, pretty much had personal bests on all my exercises but these were the ones I really cared about):

Bench 205 lbs. - Only three reps :(
Squat 215 lbs. - Five reps, but the fifth was a bit wobbly :P
Clean and Press 120 lbs. - Eight reps, then followed up with five more. Felt good, except for the first lift when I smacked myself on the chin with the bar while lifting it over my head.
Curls 45 lbs. - Only two reps, but I didn't expect I'd pull off any, so booyah!
Assisted Pull-up 50 lbs. - four reps, which was one more than I thought I'd manage, so happy.
Seated Pull-up (machine) 250 lbs. - six reps, coolio.
Lunge 50 lbs. dumbbell in each hand - six lunges each leg. Interestingly my right leg seems weaker than my left on this exercise.

Anyway, so I'm going to keep going with strength building for awhile, but I'm also switching back to low carb, which may make strength increases hard, at least it has in the past. We'll see.

Today I made an account on FitDay to track my food intake. We'll see if I keep it up.

So what's next? I'm going to do day 6 a few more times until I figure out what routine I want to do next. I wouldn't mind doing a split routine, but I haven't found one I really liked, mostly because they don't usually include full body motions like Dead Lifts and Clean and Presses, and I'm loving those.

Heading off to Google to do some split routine research.

I weighed in at 237.

1 comment:

Hugh G. McHuge said...

Crap, that was a big typo... I meant to put 237! Ha ha ha. Updating now.