Saturday, March 14, 2009

Round 2: HST Day 2

It's actually day three today, but I won't make it to the gym until a little bit later as I'm showing off the car to a prospective buyer. This is the second time we are showing it to him, as he was here last night, but I think he wants to see it during the day and take it for an actual test drive before he makes an offer, which is fine, but did he have to pick first thing in the morning after a night a friend was spinning at a local bar/club? And seriously, when that local bar/club has a backroom with Karaoke, and I put my heart and soul into a tear wrenching rendition of "Careless Whisper", how am I supposed to get my exhausted ass up the next morning and act as a sales-man?!?

I don't know either, but here I am sipping Green Tea and trying to wake up.

Anyway, Day 1 of HST kicked my ass so hard that I had to wait two days before doing Day 2. I was was just too sore to wait only one day. And even with two days rest, I was still feeling a bit sore, so I only did half the prescribed lunges. Most people would probably conclude that with Lunges, Dead Lifts, Squats and Clean-Pushes and inner and outer thigh machines, I'm over-doing the number of leg exercises on my HST plan and I should probably cut back, but that would be crazy talk :P And I know it may even be a tad bit underproductive for muscle growth to be over doing it, but I'm hoping my body will still gain muscle while loosing fat on this intense HST routine. And frankly, the intensity is part of the fun; about mid-way through HST, when your body gets used to it, the work-outs get kinda boring, so I wanted to make sure that this time around it was always exciting to go in and do each day. Well, so far that's the case!

I did Day 2 in just about an hour, and it was fun. I barely had time to catch my breath as I pushed myself through each exercise, and I found that doing 15's on some of them were already straining my muscles. F*ck yeah! This time around, I want that last day of 15's to be nearly impossible. In fact, I wouldn't mind if as that day gets closer, I'm not quite able to do 15 reps, but instead am only able to do 13 or 14, so when day 1 of 10's comes, I'm already challenged by those too.

Anyway, so except for the full 15 reps of lunges, I did everything with a gusto and wrapped up with a little jump roping. Later I tested and found I was hard-core in ketosis, which explains my weigh-in:

Wiegh-in: 134.2 (same the next day, when I just did some light cardio on elliptical, the day between HST 2 and 3).

No comments: