Saturday, March 21, 2009

Round 2: HST Day 6 and Low Carb

Day 6 was rough. About half of my exercises I barely did 15, a few a didn't quite make it, and a few I was able to do more, but overall I felt the steam drain out of me about 2/3rds of the way through. Well, I wanted more intensity this time around, and I guess I got it. And I guess today was supposed to be the most intense of the 15's... Okay, it was awesome, but man, it was tough and it left me tired all day.

So it's been two weeks since I last ate carbs, and today with guests in town I decided to enjoy some. I also think you need to take a break every once in awhile so that your body doesn't get too used to being low carb; just like you have to keep working your muscles in different ways, you have to keep your metabolism adapting to different ways of feeding it... okay, that doesn't totally make sense, but I have found that I do better on low carb when I mix it up once in awhile. Anyway, the carbs didn't help me feel less exhausted, or maybe they did and I would have been waaay worse had I not enjoyed. I'm really looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight and having two days off from lifting. But I'm also looking forward to my first days of 10's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Keep in mind that low carb doesn't mean NO carb. You need those to regulate your insulin and your general energy levels. Don't fool yourself mister. Just eat the "right" kinds of carbs, otherwise your development will actually slow down. Plus, you need to start posting update pics. Verbal stories are fine but we want to see skin!! ;) LOL