Monday, March 9, 2009

Strategic Deconditioning, HST Day 1 and Low-Carb

After a week on vacation in Seattle and Whistler Canada, basically my version of Strategic Deconditioning but with a lot of Snowboarding thrown in, I hit the gym this morning for Day 1 of HST. Ouch.

I've adjusted my lifting schedule so that the exercises I got stronger in were heavier, and overall, I've adjusted almost all my lifts from 5% down each day from my max to 4%. The result of this was that on Day 1 my work-out was intense, and on some of the lifts I barely managed to do my required 15 reps. I'm hoping the later is because it's day 1 and my muscles really are deconditioned, but if I find over the next few HST days that I can't do 15, I'll probably need to recalibrate my schedule and start over.

I start back on low-carb today as well. Have two pounds of roasted turkey from Costco thawed in the fridge and ready to go, while the woman is prepared to cook me low carb meals again for the next six weeks. Fun!

Totally put on weight during my vacation, hopefully a good portion of it water. Weigh-in this morning was back up to 238 :(

No comments: