Friday, February 6, 2009

Busy - Day 9 HST

Work has become pretty busy all of a sudden, which is great because not having signed projects makes Jack a little worried about his job. Apparently, I didn't didn't have anything to worry about as they just moved three people and five projects under me. And the projects are actually pretty damn cool, so I'm excited.

On the workout side, my big inspiration to post an updated before I forget to do so, I did about 35 minutes of cardio on Wednesday, keeping it light. ten minutes on the elliptical at, crap don't remember, but I think around level 11, ten minutes walking on the treadmill at angle 14 and 3.0 to 3.1 mph, then five minutes on the bike at level 9 and 10. At the end of the day, I felt the workout in my legs, but I was mostly good to go yesterday morning for day 9 of HST.

But I wasn't super great to go on day 9. I could definitely feel a bit of fatigue had built up, but I was able to power through all my leg exercises fine (although I didn't do the dumbbell squats again). I was fine, but I knew I would need to take a day or two off to allow my body to repair. Oh, and near the end of my workout, I could definitely feel my muscle close to cramping, especially my calves. I haven't had a banana for over a week, so I think my potassium levels are down. I made sure I ate some blueberries after my workout yesterday hoping those would help. I've been skipping some of the normal fruit intake because I wanted to make sure I got back in ketosis, but I'm there, so now I need to remember to eat good stuff.

Back to lifting, did 10 straight leg lifts and then 10 curled, had to switch to alternating forward lifts and bicep curls, and I barely finished the 10 assisted pull-ups (although I think I may have done 11 total). I also added machine pull-downs at 160 because I want to hit my lats more. I can't do unassisted pull-ups, and that's embarrassing, so I'm inspired to work those muscles a bit more. I wrapped up the workout with five minutes on the bike, and was amazed to find that I had no problem keeping my heart rate up around 150 bpm, when usually I have a hard time keeping it over 130 on a bike ride. I guess when your body is destroyed after a good work-out, it's just easier.

I think I need to break down and just buy a new pair of wireless headphones. My last pair is dead and I'm missing music and entertainment at the gym. Yes, I could use wired headphones, and did on Wednesday, but my nylon shorts don't have pockets, so I had nothing yesterday.

Going to go in and ride the bike a bit this morning - a VERY light cardio work-out. I've promised myself I would not push it for at least one day. Saturday we have plans to see an old friend for breakfast, so I'll probably skip a day there, which I'm sure my body needs. Why is it so hard NOT to work out?

Wednesday weigh in - just under 235
Thursday weight in - 234

No comments: