Sunday, February 22, 2009

HST 16 and low carb

Somehow I missed a day in there... not sure when, but it must have been in the last couple of weeks as things have gotten quite busy at work. Anyway, today was day 16 and I made it through, although I have to say it started out slow. I didn't have a lot of drive to power through my lifts until towards the end. The lifts are getting heavier, so they are harder, but you don't always feel ready to do lifts unless you've warmed up with lighter weights. By the second half of my work out I was definitely warmed up and things felt good, but... well, I just didn't have as much power today for some reason. Anyway, about two hours after the work out I did a ketone test and it was redder than I've ever seen one. I was in super-duper ketosis, that despite having a couple bits of pancakes at breakfast a few beers last night. I guess whatever glucose I had was burned off during the work out (they are getting pretty intense now that the weights are within 10-15% of my max five reps).

Anyway, 5 minute elliptical machine warm up, followed by lifts, including continued extra sets on the seated cable pull-up machine, then I did two minutes of jump-roping, one minute of jumping jacks and finally 10 minutes on the bike.

Weight-in - 233.5 with very damp cotton t-shirt but nylon shorts

No comments: