Wednesday, February 11, 2009

HST Day 11 and 12

Monday's HST workout was okay. I cheated hardcore on lowcarb this weekend with Beer, Burgers, Nachos, Ice Cream and Cookies, so by Monday morning I actually felt kinda crappy... who knew that junk food sometimes makes you feel bad? Anyway, despite the large amounts of carbs, I was feeling a bit lethargic and unmotivated, but I made it through anyway. I could still feel the workout on Tuesday, so I didn't go to the gym, and I realized I was low on potassium because some of my muscles came close to cramping up a few times, so I picked up a bottle of the the stuff from Wallgreens.

Today, day 12 was my last day of 10's and I'd say about half the exercises were challenging... I should pull up my graph and go through them now before I forget... okay, in reviewing them, there are actually few exercises where I maxed out at 10 reps, but most were at least challenging, and doing them quickly back to back is definitely a pump. It's also fun because the weights are finally starting to get respectable as I'm starting to approach my max weights. It will be interesting to see if any of my max 5 weights have gone up or down.

I capped my workout off with 10 front barbell squats with two 25 lb weights on a full barbell (total 95 lbs), which is up 30 pounds from my workout on Monday, and it felt good. I'm going to keep adding weight to this exercise and figure out where my max is, but I don't want to rush it because I want to A) let my body adjust to the new exercise (tendons and such need to be allowed to grow stronger) and B) I want to make sure my form remains good.

I also added a seated pull-up exercise to both work-outs (been doing this for awhile), doing 160 on Monday and 170 today.

After my weekend of debauchery I weighed in at 138!
But today I weighed in at 134

No comments: