Thursday, January 29, 2009

Boring: HST Day 7

Have I been getting the days right? For some reason Day 7 feels like a numerical jump or something... whatever, it's definitely day seven, AKA first day of 10's, and it was good.

After two days off, I woke up just a tad late (I guess my body started getting used to sleeping in... or perhaps this we due to staying up too late playing Fallout 3? It's hard because I'm really in the home stretch) for getting dehydrated fully before hitting the gym to do the work out I wanted, which was the full list of exercises (like last day of 15's) because realistically I'm not going to be able to lift again until Monday, four days from now :( So, I got into the gym about 20 after seven and jumped onto the elliptical for a short 5 minute warm-up, then hit all my exercises as quickly as possible.

Bench, bench dumbbell rows, barbell bench, seated rows, incline bench, chest crushers, incline dumbbells, assisted pull-ups, squats, calves, clean and presses, lunges, Arnold dumbbell presses, dead lifts, and on and on... everything was pretty easy, with the lunges and incline dumbbells as always feeling the most challenging. Pull-ups also felt just right. Did eight strap hanging straight leg lifts before doing 10 curled leg lifts, which felt good, oh and the back extensions with 20 lbs. felt really good today. I have to day that I can't wait for the clean and presses to get more challenging, as that whole body hit/pump/heart rate increase you get is awesome. I got that on the last day of 15's but in dropping down to 10's, I've lost it.

So, it was simply a good work out. If I'd had more time, I might have jumped on the treadmill for some sprints, but I simply didn't, so instead I grabbed some 45 lb dumbbells, lifted them to my shoulders and did a set of 10 squats. It felt good, but even with them being 10 lbs. lighter than last time, the left dumbbell kept slipping off my shoulder. I've really got to concentrate on proper form as I suspect I'm letting that shoulder lean forward more than the right. At the same time, I may just not be as strong on that side, so I'm going to focus on keeping that arm up correctly from now on. I think I'll keep throwing these into my work-outs going forward, staying at 45 lb. dumbbells until I'm doing them perfectly.

I have a bodyfat monitor that I keep meaning to start using. I think on some level I'm waiting to drop a little more weight before I turn it on because I don't want to see the truth about my body fat percentage. But as much as the truth can hurt, it's better to know, so perhaps tomorrow I'll "remember".

Low carb is going well as I continue to stay in ketosis. I'm fairly certain that I was running a calorie deficit on my two work-out days off. I just wasn't that hungry, and I did a better job of eating a small meal every two hours or so. Hopefully, I can keep that up.

Weighed in today at 235 with nylon shorts and wet cotton t-shirt, so weight loss is on track.

No comments: