Friday, January 2, 2009

It's not cold here

San Francisco is not cold, in fact, it is never really cold. Yes, you do often have to put on a jacket here, and it should have windbreaker characteristics, but I'm pretty sure I'll never, ever, ever need my 15 pound arctic expedition inspired North Face jacket that now lives in a plastic container under our bed.

So whenever my woman complains about the cold here in our new home town, I remind her of the time it was -14 degrees Fahrenheit and she thought we were going to die from exposure during our three block walk/suitcase-snow-ice-drag from our place in Chicago to the Blue Line train station.

I realized something that day about her: if it is chilly out, she will definitely whine about it (she likes the attention), but if it's actually cold, as in Midwest cold, she gets very, very quiet...

No comments: