Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Not Going to the Gym

Taking two days off from the gym to recover has been surprising difficult. I've actually had a harder time not going than I do going, as I find myself really wanting to hit the gym when I wake up in the morning. I really miss the way a good work out wakes and warms you up, and I find myself worrying that I'm not making the most of being on a diet because I'm not burning the extra 300 to 600 calories per day at the gym. On the flip side though, I haven't been as hungry as days I work out, so I've been able to eat less, and that may balance things out. Still, I'm really looking forward to hitting the gym again tomorrow morning for my first day of 10's.

I'm also considering doing more high intensity cardio on my lifting days, and then doing fairly low intensity cardio on my off days to see if I can limit my long term fatigue a bit more... you know, that's silly and just me trying to figure out how to hit the gym everyday when I know that I really need to take a day or two off a week for optimal results. *sigh*

My routine is going to get a bit disrupted this week as we are heading up to Lake Tahoe to meet my sister for the weekend. We'll do some snowboarding on Saturday, when I should be doing Day 2 of 10's, so I'll be getting some exercise, so Day 2 is going to slip to either Sunday evening or Monday morning. So I'm going to start off day 1 of 10's tomorrow with some extra exercises, a bit like I did on my last day of 15's, given it will be two to three days before I do a true lifting workout again.

We gave notice that we won't be needing our $200 per month parking spot anymore, so we need to leave the car down at my Dad's house when we get back from Tahoe. We also need to sell the car. I need to do some research and make some calls to figure out the best way to do that, whether we should sell it privately or just go to Carmax (which is way out in Modesto) and see what they offer. What a pain in the ass. I can't wait to not have a car again. At least we have a place to park it for now.

Went to an IGDA mixer last night and hung out with some interesting guys. One was an artist at everyone's favorite Star Wars company, the other was a programmer behind the procedural drunk guy in GTA IV and another was the owner of a DS developer. It was fun to have drinks after work again. Oh, and they had this lamb burger that was really good! I'll definitely be going back sometime.

No comments: