Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fatigued

I read it over and over, and I know it from lots of personal experience, you have to give your body time to rest, period. Today was one of those days where I could really feel that truism becuase I barely pulled off 10 minutes of level 14 elliptical before my legs were done. So I switched over to the rowing machine, which I haven't done in years, and after 5 minutes of that my legs and arms were done. Then I wandered over to the seated stationary bike and did five minutes before I finally got it through my thick head that I was done. None of my muscles are really sore, they are working fine, and my overall energy level is high (thus the strong desire to work out), but my muscles are simply fatigued. I just can't get a lot out of them, and I swear I can almost feel them breaking down as I push them to keep going (which is probably what's happening).

So, I had to make due with a crappy 20 minutes cardio work-out today. I probably should have just skipped the gym all together and given my body a break. Oh well. I have day six of HST lifting tomorrow, so I'll skip working out on Tuesday and give my body the break it needs.

Weighed in wearing a sweating cotton tshirt and was 237.

No comments: